Friday, November 20, 2009

seizure number 2




there are more times than i can think of when abby has gotten sick and as a parent you worry about them over and over and just want the pain to go away and want everything back to normal. Abbys first seizure was in january and that was by far the scariest day of my life. i cant tell you what goes through your mind when you watch your child go through something like that, no one knows unless you experience it for yourself (which i hope you never have to) but she made it through it. they say that once a child has a febriel seizure they are more likely to have another one until they are 3-5 years. i guess there is something in our brains that stops us from having siezures when we get fevers but its not totally developed in young kids until 3-5 years. so basically i guess this might not be the last one she has, and i hate that. abby got sick on weds and weds night is when she had another seizure and luckily jeff was here at home and did most of the work. we took her to the e.r. and found out she has bronchidous and that it was another febriel seizure. i am so glad that it is over and that she is getting better. she has been so tierd and mellow and weak and last night we were playing with her doll house and she just layed down and went right to sleep. poor girl was exhausted but she looked so cute i had to take a picture of her. today she is doing better and acting a little more like the cute girl i love.

5 comments:

Kara and Kevin said...

Oh so sad! I can't imagine watching them go through that. I am glad she is acting more herself. Hey, we were about to go to Utah this Sun and I was going to call you to see if I could come visit. But my husbands job got delayed. So if we end up coming later, I would love to see you and meet your family, if we do I will give you a call! Good luck with Abby

camie said...

oh, shara- i'm so sorry! that is beyond scary and i can't believe that you guys had to do it again.
sending lots of love your way!

Unknown said...

that is crazy that it can happen multiple times. it makes sense, but of course you would hope that it would never happen again. poor girl. i am so sorry. i am glad that she is doing better and everything turned out ok. give her hugs and kisses for me. i feel so bad, however i am happy that she is ok.

Jen&Joe said...

I totally know how you feel..We have been down that road. I am so sorry you had to go through that.. Tell Abby to feel better. Tatum cant wait to see her when you guys come down

Allison Box said...

Oh Shara! I am so sorry about Abby. I hope she gets better soon! That is so hard. I hope you are doing ok too. Hopefully we can get together soon! Good luck.